Dental Mentors UK Privacy Statement
Who we are and what we do
The main aim of DMUK is to provide support for dental professional mentors in the UK and to increase the profile of mentoring in dentistry
We do this by providing DMUK membership to the organisation.
As part of membership we will provide:
• Access to free CPD and Supervision (telephone sessions)
• Access to factsheets –tools to use with mentees and support fro mentors
• A discussion forum for members and an opportunity to network
• Access to Action Learning sets
• An increased profile for mentoring
We maintain the directory of website mentor profiles so that members of the dental team can contact a mentor if they wish.
How we use personal information
This privacy notice explains when and why we collect personal information about people who visit our website, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure. This website complies to all European Union GDPR legislation.
What information do we collect?
When you use Dental Mentors UK we collect certain information or data about you.
- Questions, queries or feedback you leave, including your email address if you send an email to www.info@DentalMentorsUK.com
- Your IP address, and details of which version of web browser you used
- Information on how you use the site, using cookies and page tagging techniques to help us improve the website
- Details to allow mentors who wish to become part of the Directory to join. This is the data provided on the application form. This data is used to advertise the directory including each mentor’s profile to prospective organisations and individuals who are looking for a mentor. In addition, the data will allow Dental Mentors UK to update mentors via a newsletter covering current and future projects, supervision facilities and other training services they may wish to access. Your data will only be used for these purposes. The information on mentor profile pages will be accessible to those who view the website.
- We also allow visitors to the site who are not included in our directory to request a copy of the public newsletter.
Why do we collect this information?
This helps us to:
• Improve the site by monitoring how you use it
• Respond to any feedback you send us, if you’ve asked us to
• Provide you with information our services
How do we collect your data?
We collect your data:
• Directly from you
• Data from the use of our website
What information will appear on the website?
We will publish the following information in the mentor directory of the website to allow potential mentees to contact you:
• e-mail address
• Telephone number
• General Dental Council registration details
• The curriculum vitae and profile you provide to us
It is important that you work with us to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate and up to date so please inform Dental Mentors UK if any of your personal data needs to be updated or corrected.
All communications from Dental Mentors UK will normally by e-mail. It is essential for you to maintain and effective and secure e-mail address to ensure you receive any relevant information.
Where your data is stored
We store your data on our secure servers in the UK. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this.
Keeping your data secure
Transmitting information over the internet is generally not completely secure, and we can’t guarantee the security of your data.
Any data you transmit is at your own risk.
We have procedures and security features in place to try and keep your data secure once we receive it.
ALL transactions from the website are encrypted as it is using an SSL cert including payment transactions.
We won’t pass on your details to other websites.
Disclosing your information
The GDPR extends and strengthens your rights as a data subject. Under the GDPR you have a right to rectification of personal data, the right to access the personal information we hold and the right to request the erasure of your personal data.
Links to other websites
Following a link to another website
Following a link to Dental Mentors UK from another website
Last updated: May 2018